Foundations Level I Reduced Tuition Rate Options
A range of programs are available to provide aid for those in need. These include:
- Student and new practitioner discounts
- Payment plan option
- Scholarship opportunities
- Country parity discounts
- Work-study programs
- Returning Participant discount
- Auditing discounts for non-medical participants
» Student and New Practitioner Discounts
Students currently enrolled in Chinese medicine training programs and professionals within the first three years of graduation may register for classes at student rate, which represents 60% of the Professional tuition rate. To apply for these discounts, choose the Student option when registering.
» Payment Plan Option
We offer a payment plan option to pay for the program. There is a 5% maintenance/lender fee (based on the remaining balance after deposit) added to your FIRST installment payment. This covers the financial risk we take offering a pay later option and for managing the plan.
Tuition payment plans are paid in 1 deposit and 5 installments. The payment schedule for the 2023 program is as follows:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES ››
- Deposit – $750 – Due at time of registration (Early Start program fee)
- 1st Installment – due September 3, 2023 (20% of balance due after deposit +5% admin fee)
- 2nd Installment – due December 15, 2023 (20% of balance due after deposit)
- 3rd Installment – due March 15, 2024 (20% of balance due after deposit)
- 4th Installment – due June 15, 2024 (20% of balance due after deposit)
- 5th Installment – due September 15, 2024 (20% of balance due after deposit)
Scholarship opportunities are available for the Foundation Level I Online Lecture Series. These are distributed by financial need, type of practice (practitioners working in under-served or non-profit areas are given greater consideration) and issues of diversity (practitioners from underrepresented populations may be given greater consideration). Applications are submitted with the enrollment application for the program. Due to fixed costs and smaller classes size, scholarships are not available for advanced training courses or in–person trainings.
NOTE: the Scholarship application is integrated with the application for the course.
» Country Parity Discounts
Students living in countries with lower per capita income are eligible for reduced rate tuitions. Many countries are eligible for this discount.
For simplicity, here are few countries that are NOT included: Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.
We calculate country rate discounts according to the following data: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/PA.NUS.PRVT.PP
NOTE: the Country Parity Discount application is integrated with the application for the course.
» Work-Study Program
A limited number of work–study positions are offered as need arises. Work–study students contract to work on various projects for different lengths for various degrees of tuition waivers depending on the time commitment and skill level required.
» Returning Participant Discount
Students who wish to retake a class after its completion receive a 50% off the Professional rate. Returning Participant tuition rate is listed as is above.
» Auditing Discounts for Non-Medical Participants
Non–medical individuals (e.g. Sinologists, teachers and other interested individuals), may enroll in the Foundations Level I online lecture series at a reduced rate. Students who register in this category cannot attend advanced clinical trainings and practicums without the permission of the instructor. Non-Medical Audit tuition rate is listed as is above.
NOTE: This tuition if for non-medical professionals who wish to study the online lectures for general interest and do not plan to use this material professionally or in direct patient care.
Payments and Refunds
By enrolling in courses offered by Apricot Grove Educational Services, LLC, I agree to the Payment and Refund Policies.
Apricot Grove Refund Policies
Maintaining financial health is necessary for our long-term planning. For this reason, our class tuition refund policy is as follows:
- $750 deposit for the Foundations Level I course required at the time of registration is non-refundable.
- 30 days prior prior to the first class: 100% of tuition balance may be refunded (not including deposit listed above).
- 15 days prior to the first class: 75% of tuition balance refunded (not including deposit listed above).
- Less than 15 days prior to the first class and after the course has begun: no tuition refunds are given.
NOTE: If you enroll in a payment plan program and withdraw prior to the beginning of the class as outlined above, you are still responsible for any balance due less the refund amount.
Due to the administrative cost requirements of in-person trainings, the refund policy is different from that of online courses:
- To reserve a position for an in-person training, the complete tuition must be paid at the time of registration.
- 30 days prior to the first class, 75% of tuition balance may be refunded.
- Less than 30 days prior to the first class, no class refunds are given.
NOTE: Tuition for in-person training does not include room, board, or travel costs.